fot

Lime Rock

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:26:29 -0700
I raced at Lime Rock this past weekend.  Things were going great.  The
Weekend stayed dry despite the forcast for rain.  I qualified with a
1:03.043 which put me on the pole.  On the drag race to the first turn
I lost out to a 240Z and an MGB.  The B went on to pass the Z on the
1st lap, but the Z got him back on the 3rd.  The 3 of us broke away
from the pack and were going thru lappped traffic early on.  On the
10th Lap I got by the B on the main straight. After the apex for turn
1 I got hit from behind by the B and spun 180 deg, hitting him again.
That turned me sideways to the oncomming cars and I got T-boned by a
BMW 2002, putting me and him out of the race (the B who started it all
was out too).  The LF fender, door and door post are pretty well caved
in and the other fenders sustained some damage.  The frame fortunatly
is straight and the cage was not hit.  I am working on getting it back
together for a race at New Hampshire August 26/27.  So far I have all
the parts needed as long as the caved fender can be straightened.  The
BMW had an in car camera that caught the incident.   The B came in too
fast and locked up his brakes sending him in an uncontrolled slide
into me.  Joe (B) :(