fot

Clutch Disk for GT6 gearbox used in a Spit

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Disk for GT6 gearbox used in a Spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 13:15:40 -0700
Well gang,

After 12 times pulling the gearbox to try different shims between the clutch
and flywheel to try to resolve the slipping clutch,  I
GIVE UP!!!

The Kevlar Disk I bought from Ted Schumacher is going into the Trash as soon as
I get the gearbox out again.

My conclusion is that Kevlar is not a good material for clutches to be made of.
 It appears that it is much too slippery for a stock
pressure plate.  Maybe if I wanted to spend several hundred bucks for a
competition pressure plate I could get it to work.  But I
don't!

So it leaves me with where to find a stock 7 1/2" disk with the i inch 10
spline center to fit a GT6.  Surely there is someone out
there who can make such a product.

ANy leads will be greatly appreciated.  I would like to finally be able to run
this thing that I have put so much time, effort and
money into!!!

Regards,
Joe Curry