fot

Nontech - FOT Gathering after Kas Q & A Triumpest Session

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Nontech - FOT Gathering after Kas Q & A Triumpest Session
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:06:05 EDT
FOTers

    We did not get a lot of response to the idea of getting together.
However, we did develop a plan for getting together.

    Kas's Question and Answer Session is between 3:00 and 5:00 on Friday,
October 20. The plan is to meet after the session and find a location in the
hotel (Shelter Pointe Hotel) for beverages. No plans for how long we will
gather or whether we need to try to grab a meal before the event party. The
event does have a hospitality party starting at 7:00 PM.

    With respect to the vintage races, they are truly just across the channel
from the hotel on the naval base. However, it is about a 30 minute drive
there because there is only one bridge connecting San Diego with Coronado
Island. This is a HSMA event which draws a lot of interesting pre 1972 cars.

    My own plans are to go over on Sunday morning to the vintage races with
my young children (3 and 1 1/2), which means that I might need to abruptly
leave. So I would recommend that anyone interested use their own
transportation. More than happy to lead a caravan over there, but it is
really very simply to get there.

    At this point, there is only three FOT people, so it should be easy to
find a place to eat/drink. However, if there are more FOTers, we may need to
get some reservations. Please let me know if your planning to be with us and
if you want to have an informal dinner together.

    Regards, Cary