fot

Re: Triumph historical comedy

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph historical comedy
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:21:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/2000 6:12:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk writes:

<< One of the characters in my dad's first Le Mans Team of 1955 was Les
 Brooke. Now I dont' know how many of you have seen the film of the 1955 Le
 Mans race, but Les figured strongly in it. 'Brooky' first appeared in the
 film in a long shot at Tertre Rouge corner - He was just behind the cloud
 of dust and sand that went up as he shot off the circuit and 'planted' his
 TR on top of the sandbank.

Ah yes!

I know that picture well.  And Les's car #29 is why we run #29 on Ole
Blue...not to mention neither Les nor I have missed many meals, and we have
similar body structures.

Bill Dentinger