fot

Parts/tools in Le Mans, was : Question from Doug Ross

To: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts/tools in Le Mans, was : Question from Doug Ross
From: "fredd" <fal@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:20:37 -0700
> - Funny but the marshals didn't point Les towards the spade - there were
> French cars in the race weren't there !!!!???? Apparently, if a French car
> went into the sand anywhere at Le Mans in those days - spades seemed to
> sprout out of the ground all around them like mini forests.
> Best wishes
> Paul

Paul,

In between 1969 and 1989, I have been at most 24h of Le Mans, as assistant
for Teddy Pilette, or some other Belgian teams.
If you mention a spade, what about spare tires, belts, tools, jacks, jerry
cans with water, jerry cans with gas, portable phones, ect, ect ???
And please be carefull if you dare to file a complaint, your team could
suffer.
Maybe one day we should compile those anecdotes in a book.
I bet we don't sell any in France :)

fredd