fot

Re: request for weight of TR6 flywheel

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: request for weight of TR6 flywheel
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:26:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have the exact weight of a standard unmodified TR6 flywheel
> please?

This is anecdotal, but I measured 5 TR6 flywheels for an important
"project" back in june (my car weighed in 23 pounds _under_ at a pre-race
tech inspection!), and I found that the weight actually varied between 28
and 32 pounds.

Now, I had a stack of 5 flywheels, and at least two were the "early style"
and the others were the "late style", I forget which ones are heavier.
One of the early ones weighed under 20 pounds, but that one was clearly
"cut" for weight reduction.

> TYIA
>
> Léon F Guyot

Hope this helps.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |