fot

Good day for Tiny Tim (sorta)

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good day for Tiny Tim (sorta)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:25:40 -0700
Today I finally got to put this Spitfire race car to the test.  I traveled to
Sierra Vista, AZ for an autocross and had a blast!

In taking the thing of the trailer, I managed to destroy the oil cooler so I
removed it and ran without it.  (Not really necessary this
time of the year anyway.)

It was so cold that I had to tow the car to start it.  I guess it is a
combination of thick oil, new engine, high compression and a
weaker than desired battery.  Anyway, I managed to get fuel flowing through the
two Webers and build a fire in the 4 pots and it
sounded oh so sweet.

I let it run for a while to warm up and charge the battery a bit.  After that
it started every time I needed it to.

I ran in the third of three run groups so the car had a chance to cool down by
the time I got up.  I did 5 runs and improved on my time
each time (except for the last when I over-did it in one turn and got a bit
squirrely losing about half second.

The best part of the day is there is no evidence ot the problems I was having
with the clutch and flywheel.

Now I will tear down the upper end and check everything out before the two
events here in Tucson next weekend.

All in all, a very good day!

Joe (C)