fot

Re: FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event

To: CPERKET@aol.com
Subject: Re: FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:47:55 -0700 (MST)
1 - Yes, I would attempt to participate.  I've managed 11 consecutive
    VTR conventions, an annual TR racing pilgrimage might work out, too.
    And I may even have a nice new, white helmet for 2001 ;-)

2 - Autocrosses?  Use a track?   Absolutely.   The farthest I've ever been
    from FTD at a VTR convention was Savannah.  Temple of Triumph sent up a
    strong contingent from Florida, many of them quite familiar with Roebling
    Road.  They did well.  Me, I was in a borrowed car, in which I had made
    two 30 second runs at a previous event, heading into the big sweeper at
    the end of the main straight, wondering things like "How fast can this car
    go around this turn?  How long would it take me to pay off the bills if I
    incur any damage?  Lifting might be prudent."

3 - All Triumph would be nice, if we got enough entries.  It might have to be
    a British only weekend, with a Triumph only feature, an MG only feature,
    or your basic MG vs. TR clash.

4 - I'd donate what time I could, depending on the location.  If this new
    track in Salt Lake comes through, it is roughly the same tow time for
    folks in California, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, etc.  Hmmm, I just had
    a thought.  Every year we have a "British Field Day" which for the last
    nine years has been a saturday only car and motorcycle show, with an
    almost an autocross done on a blocked off city street.  Various folks in
    the British Motor Club of Utah have been talking about what we would need
    to do to make it a multi-day event.  Track events in the next valley over
    could certainly expand interest!

Gee, this is probably a bit more long winded than necessary to answer the
questions, sorry, I got carried away as usual.

mjb.