fot

Re: Borg & Beck-Education to the List

To: mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net, tedtsimx@q1.net
Subject: Re: Borg & Beck-Education to the List
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:48:17 EST
Mike,

Did you get the part about "Dave's" contribution...that I sent today?....the
B & B engineering change to modify the product so it would be adaptable to
several applications, about five or six years ago?

The curved and increased diaphragm fingers vs. the flat fingers...this seemed
signficant and valuable, to me.

Things happen so fast with the internet....but boy! it is better than no
internet at all....thanks Mike.

Joe Alexander
VTR Board

<< The research on Borg and Beck vs Laycock was so interesting  we used it in
issue #76
 of The Vintage Triumph ... in the mail this week.

 Mike Cook

 Ted Schumacher wrote:

 > joe and group, there has always been a problem with using remanufactured
 > clutches.  when we ran our service business, sometines customers would
insist on
 > the rebuilt clutch.  after they paid to have it removed because it would
drag or
 > something, the cost was nver a factor.  borg and beck are good units. just
don't
 > use rebuilt.  you also ahve to watch what comes out of package. since many
of the
 > european clutch mg\fg's merged into Luk, you could get a qh disc with a
laycock
 > plate.  ted
 >
 > N197TR4@cs.com wrote:
 >
 > > On Sunday, I announced the availablility of a clutch cover and disc
(reman
 > > from Borg and Beck)
 > >
 > > One of my friends pointed out the website that contained some fairly
detailed
 > > information about an experience with Borg & Beck.
 > >
 > > http://www.geocities.com/mntriumphs/clutch.html
 > >
 > > I think it might be valuable to the list if there are others who
 > > have had the same experience,
 > > or have had no problems,
 > > or can come up with an assignable cause.
 > >
 > > BTW, depending on who does the reman, the components can be different...
 > >
 > > The website relates to a TR6, but since they are interchangeable between
 > > TR4As and TR6s the experiences should apply.
 > >
 > > I have used several different clutch covers over the years and I'd be
 > > surprised if I hadnt used a B & B in the past...might even have one in
the
 > > race car.
 > >
 > > Anyway, thanks Phil for pointing this out....I had seen the website
sometime
 > > back, but had forgotten about it.
 > >
 > > Joe

I'd
 > > suspect a great deal is.  I'm open to education on this point.
 >
 > --
 > Ted Schumacher
 > TS Imported Automotive
 > 404 Basinger Rd.
 > Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
 > Ph. 800/543-6648  USA/Canada  FAX 419/384-3272 24 hour
 > Ph. 419/384-3022 - tech./general information
 > Web page http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
 > New-Used-Rebuilt-NOS-Performance British car parts.
 > 200 - 300 parts cars in our British-only salvage yard.

[199.45.39.156]) >>