fot

Re: Carb cut-out

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb cut-out
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:48:28 EST
In a message dated 12/13/2000 11:37:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KLynch7589@aol.com writes:

> Anyone out there experience with Strombergs, cutout @ high G left hand
> turns? I'm running a GT6 & am told to switch to SU "GIF". I'd rather
> not but ... Am told there may be a venting mod that might correct
> problem.
> Any thoughts?   Kevin/RMVR

No solutions, but that sure brings back memories! One, I seem to recall that
_Road & Track_ magazine identified that problem in one of their GT6 road
tests. Two, I remember similar, occasional such problems when I used to
autocross my GT6+ many years ago. Really manifested itself once when the
idiot eventmaste/course designer (yours truly) built a counterclockwise
"skidpad" into that day's autocross course: 1.5 "laps" of the circle didn't
exactly help me win FTD that event. ;-)

--Andy Mace