fot

RE: Differentiating Racecars by Improvements

To: "'Jack W. Drews '" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: RE: Differentiating Racecars by Improvements
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:00:10 -0600
Uncle Jack Drews wrote:

>If we have an event like this, I'd love to
>see anything that says "Triumph" on it be
>able to compete . . .

>Most of us feel that the most fun in racing
>is when you can race with cars of similar
>performance. It would seem that the issue of
>age and level of preparation could be solved
>by having some sort of class separation, at
>least for part of the event.

My sentiments exactly. Seems to me that the first objective of this very
special event ought to be to get the largest possible turnout of Triumphs,
especially the "interesting" ones. Second objective should be to get them
all home without serious incident.

Beyond that, isn't is basically a matter of safely passing the cars in front
of you and fairly defending your position against the ones behind?
Fortunately (as far as I know) we don't have to worry about competing
against two-ton stock cars, formula cars, etc., or other huge speed and size
differentials.

There is so much Triumph-specific knowlege among the folks promoting this
event that it shouldn't be difficult to class and grid the cars
appropriately - even if that means class adjustments after qualifying ("Hey,
we had no idea you were so fast!")

Jim Hill
Madison WI