fot

HS6 carb body

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS6 carb body
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:34:26 -0600
FOT
I'm in the hunt for a spare SU HS6 carb body. These are the shorty bodies
with 3 bolts for the air cleaners. The 2.5 PI that I bought a while back has
been plagued with a multitude of problems, and replacing a carb body will
knock another problem off the list. It had been converted to twin HS6's,
supposedly to 2500TC specs. The carbs actually came off of a 1975 2000
Saloon, if the tag is to be believed. Anyway, the PO managed to crack one of
the carb bodies whilst bolting up the airbox. I can see how this happened,
cross threading the bolt right next to shock tower and pushing the ear back
until the aluminum cracked. I don't know if these are common or rare, and I
suppose I could always go to Strombergs, but the PO provided me with new
needles that are supposed to help match the TR5 PI cam.

Bob Kramer
TR4, TR4A, TR6, 2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net