fot

Re: Tools for disassembly of GT6 rear hubs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tools for disassembly of GT6 rear hubs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:23:19 -0700 (MST)
If you are talking about that heavy duty hub puller, I obtain mine by opening
the third drawer down in the cabinet against the back wall of the shop.  That
might be inconvenient for you, though, so I imagine you are trying to locate
a tool of your own.  I know that the Sports Six club had them for sale when I
was a member of that group, but that has been a few years ago.  Perhaps there
is a current member of the group who can quote a price and availability.

If any of you do wish to have the hubs and axle seperated, but don't wish
to buy the tool for such irregular use, you could ship me the bits and I'll
do it for you.  Or maybe we as a group could invest in some of these obscure,
expensive and seldom used tools to pass around amongst ourselves as the
occasion arises.

mjb.