fot

Louvered Hood

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Louvered Hood
From: Richard Hardison <cobra@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:41:01 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded to my search for information.

I didn't mention that I plan to race the 1959 TR3A with CVAR in the
Southwest.  There is no question about being allowed to race.  It is not
a tech inspection issue.  However, our authenticity committee will not
let me run in the normal class for the car unless I can convince them
that louvered hoods were used prior to 1972.  That will require a period
picture.  I have no quarrel with this process, and will not use louvers
unless I find the documentation.

Richard