fot

Re: AMB Transponder problems

To: sbarr@mccarty-law.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AMB Transponder problems
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:50:20 EST
FWIW: VARA adopted the AMB transponders a couple of years ago. I know several
racers including me that had problems with the hard-wired model. I believe
they are very susceptible to current fluctuations. Happily I was able to
trade for a re-chargable unit and have had no problems. A fully charged unit
will run for 3+ days. Just remember to add "charge transponder" to your T-1
day pre-race checklist. The cigarette lighter (oops..accessory plug-in)
charger doesn't seem to do the job during the tow to the track.

John Frymark
VARA #67 TR4A