fot

Re: Sway Bars: A new company

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sway Bars: A new company
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:11:20 -0700 (MST)
      Our boy just called me.  He had bought a new helmet because he thought
      that the Snell 1990 ones are now outdated.  Now he hears that they are
      good for another year (2001).  Is this true?

There may be some confusion here.  For SCCA autocrossing, legal helmets
ar the current Snell standard and the previous two.  So one can Solo with
1990, 1995 or 2000 spec helmets.  For SCCA club racing, legal helmets are
the current standard and the previous, so 2000 and 1995.  1990 standard
helmets are legal for Solo, not road race.
mjb.