fot

Re: Wheel Studs... Again

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Studs... Again
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:25:36 -0700 (MST)
Hmmm, maybe I should order in a TR6 front stud and a TR6 rear stud, I may
have gotten it backwards which one is which.  Unlike the small chassis cars
which use the same stud front and rear, the TR6 uses different ones front and
rear, one having a chamfer on the head, the other being flat.

If one is going to be taking the hubs apart on a small chassis car, then
there's room to put in some other studs which are a bit longer, though only
by about a 1/4 inch.  Dorman 610-166 is the part number, I think they were
original equipment on something like 1974 Mercury Marquis or something odd.
I chuck them in the lathe and put a chamfer on the head to get it to seat
a bit better.

mjb.