fot

Re: SCCA Solo II

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA Solo II
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:33:09 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I'm generally planning on dragging my TR6 out to Topeka, KS in September
for the SCCA Solo II Nat's. I'm not planning to trophy or anything, just
planning to have a good time etc.

Anyway, this plan has two requirements: one: that I attend a divisional or
National Tour event (this should be easy, there's at the very least a
National Tour event about 40 miles from my house in June) and two: that I
be able to drag the car the 1700 miles or so (each way) to Kansas.

But it never hurts to have a backup plan...

So, I thought I'd cast out a line to the FOT general list and see what
happens.

There will be a National Tour event in Meridian, Mississippi (god, I love
typing that!) later in Feb and there appears to be an event in early
April in Fort Worth, TX.

The question: are there any FOT's planning to be at either of the two
events, and if so, is there any chance of a "seat rental"??

Regarding dragging my car to Kansas, my clapped out Chebby Van is probably
not up to a 3500 mile tow... heck, the hills in Central Massachusetts are
a real test to this beast - anyway, I'd be open to suggestion about
actually getting my car _to_ Kansas (getting back would be great too!).

As an aside, the trip back east includes plans to stop at the Rainoffs at
Mid-Ohio... so I'll likely be available to turn wrenches and do "flunky
stuff" if anyone is interested.

That's all for now... except for - Geez does winter seem long this year!
And yes, I know I'm going to regret having said that the night before the
first event of the season!

Tah-tah.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |