fot

Of Interest to Former SCCA & Other Racers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Of Interest to Former SCCA & Other Racers
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:33:06 EST
FOTers

    For a variety of reason - not the least of which the vintage group in
Minnesota teams with SCCA to have events - I was prepared to go through the
SCCA novice school at Willow Springs (Feb 24/25) to get my regional SCCA
license again. Instead, the SCCA central licensing department referrred me to
the SoPAC Division to pursue a waiver - without me even inquiring about a
wavier option.

    To my amazement, SCCA has instituted a waiver program that is primarily
intended for experienced SCCA driver returning to the fold - but the option
appears to be open to other experience drivers. About the only thing
different than the old application for SoPAC Division waiver was to provide a
racing resume since your regional/national license has expired. My experience
of two to three vintage races in most years was enough to get a waiver
recommended from the Division..

    I bring this up because one of the potential northeast FOT gathering was
at an SCCA event. This waiver approach would seem to make it more feasible
for experienced drivers without a current SCCA license to participate in such
an event.

    Is any one else in FOT land going to be at the SCCA Willow Spring
regionals (February 24/25) ?

Best Wishes, Cary Perket