fot

Re: TR4's On Speedvision

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4's On Speedvision
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:00:14 +1100
HS6 SU Carbies and rejetting.

Hey Jack are you out thee young fella. I am in trouble! I took your
suggestion and had new jet @.104 and new needles you suggested. However, I
noticed that when I pout the needle in the top of the needle was not flush
with the flange where the piston sits. So I screwed up the nut a few turns
until flush.

Well, I could not get the car to start. I advanced the ignition a bit (just
using feel and ears) and while she wanted to go I just could not get her to
run. She fire OK. Just wont run. And I am running in twilight meet tomorrow
(Sat).

Anyway, in desperation I backed off the jet nut until there is no spring
tension, and voila she runs, but no throttle power at all.

What have I done? !!!!

I can get it to start and play around with timing but it makes no difference
I just got no throttle power at all. Once I get that back I can then get
timing sorted etc.

I know its late, and its extremely bad timing, I should have left this
alone, not decided to experiment twenty four hours before a meet. But the
excitement of something new, and maybe more power was too much...

I will be most grateful if anyone can tell me what to do, save for shooting
myself of course...

Ian
777