fot

Re: [Fwd: Aluminum Front Hub - TR4]

To: TRBILBO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Aluminum Front Hub - TR4]
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 05:55:00 +0000
TRBILBO@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/27/01 12:41:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> emanteno@attglobal.net writes:
>
> << vinttr4@geneseo.net >>
>
> Jack, Count me in at $200 a set but I am interested in using the Moroso long
> studs for long Nascar style grade eight lugs. Could we provide studs and have
> them install what we want? Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
>
> Also dislike sleeving the spindle. Any tolerance buildup on the spindle can
> induce local fretting if not done perfectly and I have never seen a spindle
> or bearing failure on te west coast other than the rear hub failure of
> Frymark's.
>
> Actually wrote to SCCA Vintage and asked this question and no failures
> experienced in TR4 or TR6 SCCA either. SO I'd stick with stock bearings since
> you are reducing the rotating mass and inertial loading as well already.
>
> Just my two bits.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Bill Burroughs

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a little uneasy about the sleeving approach, too.
We'll see what develops with the bearing issue.

Stud size -- sure -- Southwick has assured me that they will accomodate the
wishes of the owner. It makes sense for the owner to get the studs and supply
them to Southwick.

--

uncle jack

Like I said, "Life isn't long enough for me to do another ground-up
restoration".
Well, thank goodness, it is.