fot

Fwd: Come race with VDCA

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: Fwd: Come race with VDCA
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:39:35 EST
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:57:32 EST
Subject: Re: Come race with VDCA
To: mjb@cs.utah.edu, grand_wazoo@flinet.com
CC: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net

In a message dated 03/14/2001 1:00:14 AM Central Standard Time,
mjb@cs.utah.edu writes:

> And offering more track time than the drivers wish to use is also something
> that happens with IVR here in Utah.  We'll see how many racers show up for
> this coming weekend at Wendover, maybe the Touring class will get enough
> entries to cover expenses.  I do wonder what next season may be like if we
> really do get a real race track.
>
> It is certainly too late to try and drum up any out of state business for
> this weekend, but if you happen to be passing through Utah sometime this
> summer with race car in tow, you may want to check the IVR season schedule
> at http://www.team.net/ivr
>
> I hope to see an extra Triumph or two at the August event!

Amateur Racing in general, and Vintage Racing in particular is now faced with
stiff competition.  I can remember in the late 1970s and early 1980s when
there were but a half a dozen Vintage Events per year.  Hell...now there are
some weekends with a half a dozen events.  This certainly has impact.

What may prove to be even more interesting, is if the country goes into a
serious recession.  Surely competing events AND a tight dollar will impact
our sport.

Bill Dentinger