fot

SPAX and Hardware

To: "Reed Yates" <RYATES@firstunion1.com>,
Subject: SPAX and Hardware
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:20:40 -0600
Thanks to every one for the multitude of responses I received to my SPAX
inquiry.

Hardware:

   For those of you who don't know about them, there is a small company in
Dallas called Aircraft Supply who is an excellent source for AN bolts, nuts,
etc. They stock over 26,000 items and unlike the major aircraft parts houses
will sell in small quantities. I used them when I restored my airplane and all
the EAA guys in the DFW area use them. They are really nice folks.

   Their address is 7204 Parwelk, Dallas, Texas 75235 (for those of you who
live up there: they are located near Love Field off Harry Hines Blvd. south of
Royal Lane). Phone 1-214-637-3598 or FAX 1-214-688-0549.

   If you don't know how to convert bolt diameters and grip lengths to AN, get
a copy of Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts, Hardware and Plumbing Handbook
(available from Victory Lane). For nuts and washers, just tell them you need
nuts (nylon insert, castle or NAS self-locking) and washers and they will take
care of it for you. They will accept faxed orders, but don't accept credit
cards. They will ship COD or set up an account for you.

   I am usually the last one to figure anything out, so don't give me a hard
time if you already know all this.

John Price
TVR2500
1948 MGTC