fot

Devin's in the movies-State Fair

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Devin's in the movies-State Fair
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:47:35 -0500
I caught a movie named State Fair on AMC over the weekend. I know I should
have been working on the cars, but I was stuck in a hotel between games of
my daughters soccer tournament. Anyhow, featured prominently in this film
was a Devin that the son, played by Pat Boone, that was raced in the feature
at the fair. It looked a little odd in the roundy round format, but ran
against some nice vintage racers. No TR's on the track, but a pair of TR3A's
showed up in the crown. AH 100-4, XK120, another Devin and many other cars
are seen in the race footage. It was most likely a TR3 Devin, complete with
wire wheels, but who can tell? Does anyone know about this movie, or what
happened to the car. In it's day, I'm sure nobody cared about the car. Even
with my heightened interest, it was hard to take my eyes off the 1962 AM!

State Fair (1962)
Starring: Alice Faye, Ann-Margret
Director: Jose Ferrer
Synopsis: A Texas farm family travels to Dallas for a few days of fun and
frolic at the annual State Fair.
Runtime: 118 minutes
MPAA Rating: NR
Genre: Music