fot

VARA at Buttonwillow

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: VARA at Buttonwillow
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:54:48 EDT
Greetings Amici,
VARA's British Extravaganza is now a part of history and what history it was!
 We had beautiful weather to greet the 275 race cars and over 100 show cars
that attended.  Over 100 spectators indulged in lunch time drive arounds each
day with all the money from them going to local charities.
Most of the Triumphs run in E and F Production in VARA and made up major
portions of both groups.  E Prod started 65 cars on Saturday and F had 45.
Triumphs finished well up in the order in both groups.
The Triumph-MG challenge went completely our way with Triumph dominating the
Abingdon cars.  I recollect that the leading MG's were in fourth and eighth
position at the end.
This event is getting bigger and better every year so mark it on your
calendars for next time.  Steve