fot

CVAR Marvelous May Races

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: CVAR Marvelous May Races
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:26:42 -0500
Hi ya'll!

The CVAR Marvelous May Races were, um, well... marvelous!!  The weather
really couldn't have been much better and the great cars and great
company abounded.  FOT members in attendance were Jeff Wilt in his shiny
(thanks to his kids who practically rubbed the paint off making sure it
was just perfect for Dad to be seen in) yellow TR3, Bob Kramer and the
now non-fender-well-scraping TR4 (thanks to a quick spacer fix), John
Price and his gorgeous TVR, Richard Hardison (whose magical mystery car
unfortunately was still held up by paint and body work but is scheduled
to appear at the June event), myself and Brad with Tristan, and a
surprise visitor from California, Justin Wagner!  It was wonderful to
see him again (if any of you remember, I had first met him a year or so
ago when a vendor flew me to CA for a NASCAR race).  He came bearing
gaskets and was very helpful and willing to pitch in when a hand was
needed.  (He spent part of the day with a bright and shiny aluminum
beard, but that's another story...)  And another happy surprise was
having my friend Stephanie from work drive over from Austin and stay ALL
day long with us -- she is a hoot and a really good sport about acting
like she's not really bored while all the car stuff is going on.  ;)
GREAT to have a fan club -- thanks, Miss M!!!!

Bob's car ran great in Group 2, and he was pushing the front-running
MGB's hard!  He was surprised to find he was able to do so -- he thought
he would be dicing for the lead of the second group of cars but wound up
doing very well on Saturday and early Sunday.  Jeff did quite well in
Group 4 Saturday and had it out with a beautiful Abarth for quite a
while.  He ended up passing it going into Turn 1 and held onto his lead
for the rest of the session.  John improved his personal time in Group 7
and the TVR looked and ran very well.  I saw him with both front wheels
off the car in the garage and worriedly asked his wife if everything was
okay.  She said, "Oh, he's just dickering around.  You know how they
are!"  Whew!  Tris still has some gremlins to sort out so we ended up
putting him on the trailer Sunday and leaving early so Brad wouldn't
have to make the long drive back to Arkansas late at night as originally
planned.  But we'll be back and ready in June!

The newly-rebuilt Jeepy (engine, trans and drive shaft) ran great and we
had an excellent trip both ways, including a jaunt to Austin Friday for
my grandmother's 87'th birthday.

Jeff and/or Bob can fill you in on today's finishes -- I hope you did
great, guys!  And be sure to ask Jeff about his squeaky-clean battery if
you see him...   ;)

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

NetZero Platinum