fot

polarity The school of hard knocks

To: "team" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: polarity The school of hard knocks
From: "Rob Dardano" <19to1tr6@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:08:52 -0400
My coil failed on my last outting and buy the time I had Isolated the coil as
the failed part I mistakenly Pulled the 6 tiny mannets out of the head which
is the trigger for the eletronic chip  on the ditributor >> reinsalling the
magnets is a chore because of the size.> I considered they might have to all
be installed with the same polarity direction in relation to the electroic
pick up chip   >>any way 2 were fumbled and I had no spark on 2 plugs > and
changeing the over all postion on the ditributor post would  change the lost
spark on 2 plugs.Diferent each time I turned the magnets as a whole.> I have
reinstalled them all with the same polarity and have good spark on all 6 >>>
THE QUESTION ?? Is it worth the time to reverse all of the mannets to see if
the spark is stronger, because of the reversed polarity relation ship to the
pick up chip>  This is the"purlux" breaker less ignition system.     thanks
rob  brockton  ma.