fot

SuperSpit

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: SuperSpit
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:50:46 +1000
Hi fellow FOT'ers,

We are progressing the Super Spit nicely thanks. Have got to the bear metal
(finally), after finding a bog factory owner must have repaired it at one
time. Still, buyer beware I guess. We have almost completed the
refurbishment of the suspension, again all down to bear metal and then
repair, repaint and replace.

Took some pics, and will place them up later. Decided to use Triumph Racing
Yellow, looks great on the underbody.

Lots of engine work done, and decided to get Crower rods which are yet to
arrive.

In the meantime we are looking to do two things, first as we will be the
prototype Spitty for group Sb Historic here in the land of Oz I would like
to obtain a set of GT6 drums and backing plates for the rear end. Can any
one help. Please remember that we use plastic money here so I only get 1/2
the value of every 1 of your real money $. Still if some one can help, it
will be appreciated greatly. I will meet all costs including freight costs
etc.  Also, does anyone have a Triumph Herald Saloon (948cc) diff. The ratio
is 4.875:1 ithink. I am in need of same.

Thank you all in anticipation,

Ian
777