fot

Re: Leaking valve cover

To: 19to1tr6@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Leaking valve cover
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:49:06 EDT
I went thru this when I started racing the GT6.  I'm using the tin valve
cover with a 1" breather connection brazed in all the way at the back by the
#6 exhaust rocker.  I just use the stock cork gasket with no sealant and it
works pretty well.  I did an aluminum cover the same way with a thin nut on
the inside but it was tough to stop leaking and I finally abandoned it.
Our own Justin Wagner will soon have superb Silicone gaskets for the sixes so
that is worth waiting for.
Steve Smith