fot

RE: Cooling

To: Rob Dardano <19to1tr6@mediaone.net>, team <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:53:49 -0700
If you don't care about originality, but rather just meeting the GCR for
62 or thereabouts, you can mount any radiator that uses the original
mounts. That leaves a lot of room. I had an outfit here in Portland make
me a huge radiator that bolted to the mounts and fills just about the
entire nose. Cost me $200, and my biggest challenge after fitting it was
keeping the cooling under control--had to fit a thermostat to keep the
temp up and fiddle with the optimal number of bypass holes to keep from
sending huge slugs of cold water into the block. I wound up blocking 1/3
of the rad except on the hottest days.