fot

PLN and the 1976 Runoffs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: PLN and the 1976 Runoffs
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:29:14 EDT
In a message dated 7/3/2001 11:48:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
19to1tr6@mediaone.net writes:

> Newman won it in "76" at Road Atlanta  took the pole but lost it at the start
> and duked it out with Lee Mueller in a Tr-7 made a pass on the final cornor
> and won by less than a nose

"Sixes beat Sevens" said PLN's hired airplane banner that year for the DP
race.
Also there was a Yenko Stinger Corvair driven by ?? Reeves (I think,
sponsored by Dante's Down the Hatch in underground Atlanta) in the lead for a
few laps, along with several other cars in a race of attrition if memory
serves me right.  There's a lot more to that year's Runoffs that has sadly
gone untold.  "This beats the academy awards" is something close to what PLN
said on the podium

Is that the same year that the BP XKE's took the front row and Lee pulled off
at turn 5 on the pace lap with a frozen diff. leaving Bob Tulius to drive
away for the win?
Clark

"If it's not fun why do it?" Jerry Greenfield
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/CWNicholls
fax: 419-844-7564 (yes, 419)