fot

No LBC race content, but a wierd day!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: No LBC race content, but a wierd day!
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:22:06 -0500
Hi all!

Today was just so bizarre I had to share with you:

On my drive to work through old Garland, Texas I pass quite a few tiny
used car lots that flout their worn-out Chevy Cavaliers, beat-up Toyota
Tercels, and run-down Chevy Suburbans.  There is never anything of any
real import (ha) to look at, so I usually ignore them as I Intimidate to
work (although there is something said for being the Intimidator in a
big noisy kazillion-HP stock car, my Honda doesn't seem to inspire the
same awe among my fellow drivers).

Today something caught my eye in one of the littlest lots -- a
coffee-and-cream Nash Metropolitan hardtop!  You sure don't see many of
them in that neighborhood.  And it sure looked decent, too.

I cruised onward, happy at the sight of the little thing and not paying
too much attention to the other lots.  I switched lanes behind a bus and
popped around it back into the right lane and found myself staring right
at a grey Studebaker Avanti in one of the medium-sized lots!  It sure
looked funny next to that green-and-primer 1987 minivan.  It looked to
be in decent shape too (the Avanti, not the van).

Then, on the way home, to top it all off, one of the newer lots had a
silver Plymouth Prowler and some sort of wild hot rod (similar to the
Munsters' car).

I must pass 50 car lots on the way to work, and this is the first time
in over two years I have seen any British import on any of the lots,
much less any other sort of really cool car.  I'm just waiting to see
what I see tomorrow!

I hope your days were all interesting, too.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access