fot

RE: Brakes not releasing

To: "Wes Dayton" <wdayton@attglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Brakes not releasing
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:34:38 -0400
Wes,

I had the same problem with the residual pressure valve(the 5 way connector)
my TR3. I pulled the spring out and it no longer drags, but occasionally,
usually the first pedal press of the day, I need a double pump to bring up the
pressure.

Jack Drews recommend the following in a previous discussion of this issue:

We installed a residual pressure valve in the front brake line. It does the
same thing as the stock (40 year old) ones did. Except this one is made by
Wilwood, is new, and works. They make two pressures -- get the low pressure
one. They are available from your local speed junkie or through mail order
outfits like JEG's that cater to the hot rod set, since street rodder systems
tend to have the same problem.

Good luck,

Jack Brooks