fot

Re: a Mystery car in the "Devin" style?

To: Herald948@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net, kwildner1@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: a Mystery car in the "Devin" style?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@cstone.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 12:34:28 -0400
At 12:43 AM 8/4/01 -0400, Herald948@aol.com wrote:
>I recently got an e-mail from someone asking about a car they
>spotted near Austin, TX.

<snip>

>Having once owned a Devin body myself, I see some hints of Devin in
>the shape of the car,

To my eye, the Devin is a bit more graceful than this one.

>but the rear of the car looks different than I remember my Devin
>body looking.

Yeah, the rear looks more Jag XK120/MGA -ish to me.

>Anyway, if you have any ideas, click on the mail link at the bottom of that
>page, or reply directly to me.

I don't have a photo of the back end, but the front end, and cut-away
doors look a lot like the picture of a car that Victress MFG Co
made.  This is from the "Accessories Sourcebook for Sports and
Imported Cars of the Late 50's and Early 60's" which is a very
cool collection of old ads from Road and Track, Sports Car
Graphic and Sports Car Illustrated.

Hope that helps,

R. John Lye

rjl@gt-classics.com