fot

Re: TR3Bs - difference between TSF and TCF commissioned cars ?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3Bs - difference between TSF and TCF commissioned cars ?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:37:59 -0700
Cary :

Piggot's 2nd edition "Original TR2/3/3A" covers the 3B in a little more
detail :  He says there were 501 TSF cars finished as TR3Bs, "virtually
identical to final TR3As in all respects, although minor modifications
now made to front suspension.", starting in March 1962.

TSF219 saw a change to the caliper mounting plate (to TR4 style I
assume), TSF265 had a change to rear shocks (ditto), TSF284 had further
minor changes to the front suspension.  TSF502-530 were finished as
Italias.

The TCF series had the 2138 engine standard (1991 was still an option I
believe, but Bill doesn't say if any were built this way), and the
4-synchro box, plus changes to the dashboard, front bulkhead and MC
pocket.  TCF1-2804 were built between May and December of 1962.  All TSF
and TCF cars were LHD.

Randall