fot

Re: question

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: question
From: "Gary& Gretchen" <garygret@itis.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:56:11 -0500
Edwin,
I have 40's on my 12:1 AX TR6, and even there I had to reduce the choke
tubes from 32mm to 30mm to get a reasonable idle and mid-band
responsiveness. A purely street engine would probably like 28mm even better.
>From the math in the SK manual triple 40's can flow enough for 7000+ RPM.
Unless you're building to grenade levels, the 45's would be more suitable
for a larger displacement.

Just got my genuine Mordy Dunst copper gasket and magic goop, now rebuilding
my first wet sleeve engine on the 4. So much good info from FOT the past
year I almost feel like I know what I'm doing with liner heights :-) Wish me
luck!

Gary Schneider
37 EP '62 TR4
'72 TR6 autocrosser