fot

Transmission Oil

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Oil
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:47:26 EDT
I have used Red Line gear box oils for years in my TR3R gearbox with
outstanding results.  It extended the rebuild time by about 3 X; and it is no
secret that I had to flogg the heck out if the car to win all those
Nationals.  I used the heavy oiles except during the ARRCs.
Give them heck in Cow Hampshire!!

Hardy

<< From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>

 I am putting a non-overdrive trans in my TR3 for my upcoming race at
 New Hampshire.  I never use OD there and saving that extra 30 pounds
 can only help.  I had been using Redline MTL in the T5 tranny, but not
 sure about using in the TR trans.  Has anyone been using Redline MTL
 in their TR tranny?  If not is there any consensus on what is being
 used.  With my TR OD trans I was using Valvoline racing 20-50, with a
 little Hypoid oil added to it, but that was because of the OD unit.
 Joe(B)