fot

Live From Monterey

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Live From Monterey
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:20:14 -0700
I'm at the Monterey Historics, learning to drive on hard compound Dunlops.
Wheee! I may be slow, but my slides sure are lurid.

Sure is handly to be in the FOT. I'd be back on the trailer otherwise.

On thursday, just as Terriann walked up, I broke a head stud while
torquing them. Darn good thing she was there. Not only did it save me from
throwing my torque wrench into low orbit, but she told me Greg Solow's
Engine room was close by in Santa Cruz.

Greg and his ace mechanic Patrick saved the day and the weekend, with
remarkable work above and beyond the call. Baxter Culver is here, and
helped me stick it all back together and is coaching me around the tricky
Laguna Seca track. Been here before on Motorcycles, and took a Russell
School here, but both were a long time ago.

Thanks a million Terriann, I would never have gotten it fixed without your
suggestion. And Greg and Patrick, I owe you both bigtime. If you're ever
in Portland, my house is your house.

Bill