fot

Diff hunting

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diff hunting
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:33:31 +1000
Hi fellow FOTers'

Well we are progressing 'SuperSpit!!!

Got to painting tonight, what fun, etch filler, primer, then base then color
then clear.... Wow... Still Triumph racing yellow # 102 is great color don't
you think. When we finish we put up some pics somewhere.

In the meantime, I am travelling to UK on business starting 2nd. September,
that's in a few days time really, and we are looking to bring back a 4.55
diff. Don't need all of it, just the front cone section which carries the
working bits, already have two 4.11 so don't need anymore luggage than
absolutely necessary.

The 4.55 diff was fitted to 948 cc Herald Coupe, casing identified with a
"Y" I believe.

I am working in Thornton at the Shell refinery there, and will stay in
Chester. I will be there for one week, and would be eternally grateful if a
member has any capacity to assist. First race planned for last week in
October-diff permitting

Ian
777