fot

TR3 Fenders

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Fenders
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:47:52 -0400
I am considering putting stock sized fenders on my TR3 so that I can
do some "vintage" racing with SVRA.  Does any one have anything that
is servicable that they would be willing to part with at a reasonable
price?  I don't know if the conversion will even work, since I don't
know if my current wheels/tires will fit.  I spoke with Jack Woehrle
with SVRA at Lime Rock this past weekend.  He said that there would be
2 ways that I could run my car with SVRA.  I could go in group 10 with
the Big Cars, such as former Nascar  Winston Cup cars, etc, or change
the car by putting the stock fenders on.  While I would be about mid
pack in group 10 (using their qualifying times, compared to what I run
at LRP), I would be like a bug in the road to them.  I would be like a
little bump in the road as they ran over me.

  Since I am in CT, fenders in the northeast would certainly save on
shipping (but fenders from the west or south will probably need much
less rust repair).  Joe(B)