fot

Re: Reprofile Cam

To: lytspeed@wcnet.org, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reprofile Cam
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:35:33 EDT
In a message dated 9/28/01 7:39:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lytspeed@wcnet.org writes:

<< I am looking for a machine shop who can reprofile and regrind a cam for my
 TR4.  Can anyone suggest a reputable shop who knows how to do a TR4 cam?

Bill Jenks of Moon Racing Cams use to grind all of Kas's cams:  (562) 944-6311

He is very conscientious.  I sent him a cam to be G-3 ground.  He let me know
that one lobe had too much ware on it.  I then took many mic. readings on a
few other used cams, and sent one of these to him which he ground for me.

Of course, if you want to get into the fast opening Crane cams that Jack
Wheeler was using, you will have to reinforce the rocker pedestals.  I
haven't got into this phase yet.