fot

Re: Rear seal survey

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com, mporter@zianet.com
Subject: Re: Rear seal survey
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:19:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/01 2:47:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jmwagner@greenheart.com writes:

<< Warning here.  If you still have that plug in your TR, and you're thinking
of
 removing it, keep in mind that it's easy to pop out when the engine is out of
 the bay, but it can be a nightmare otherwise.  Don't start to remove it with
 the engine installed unless you're prepared to pull the motor if you fail.

I could easily remove mine.  For some reason, most of my blocks were not
plugged.  I have been transferring a short section of the original breather
pipe from block to block.  I plugged the breather pipe with a freeze plug.
My crankcase vent comes from a short 1/4" piece of pipe installed in an
aluminum plate covering the mechanical fuel pump hole.  A hose then connects
the pipe to the catch tank.  This might not be providing a big enough vent
path.