fot

Re: IRP

To: 356drb@indy.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: IRP
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 01:58:27 EDT
Hi Brett!! Joe (A) here. Arrival 12:15AM in Iowa

Dick Naze: We got reports of shrapnel hitting other folks, and they  didnt
understand where it was coming from ...scary stuff. Sorry to hear about Dick
Naze. Hope he is OK...Phil Cull in the INDY hospital for the next four days
was enough.

I was front row center on Turner rollover. Wont go into detail here, but it
was spectacular and unexepected. Rear step out of about 45 degrees, followed
by snap roll twice, a pirouette,  and final landing. Rag Doll routine. The
closeness of the roll bar as it hit the asphalt, the second time, and the
proximity of the his helmet to the course, is burned into my mind. I had a
lot of time to think about it on the way home from Indiana.

To be noted.....Jack Drews. Jack pulled out of the front running fray to deal
with the rollover. Driver appeared to be unconscious..no wonder. Head down
and unmoving.  Jack stayed with him and administered to him until the safety
crew arrived...driver transported to hospital. No report on driver yet. Let
us know.

Good night....

Joe Alexander