fot

Re: IRP incident

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>, <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: IRP incident
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 15:47:24 -0800
on 10/9/01 11:52 AM, David Littlefield at dmeadow@juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:23:42 -0400 Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca> writes:
>> rest of us.  I'd love to know more about all of these situations so
>> that we
>> can if possible prevent them in future.

>> the way
>>> down the main straight.
>
> Something I'd like to know about this situation is whether Dick had any
> kind of a scatter shield and what thickness.  I've got one, but I'm
> thinking it may be too thin at 1/8" of steel.  I was already
> contemplating doubling it...

David,

The car had a flak blanket, but the steel transmission tunnel was torn from
the floor on both sides.  On the left side there were pieces of bell
housing, while on the right side, the pressure plate cover, some disc
fragments and springs accompanied the bell housing fragments.  The blanket
was helpful but needed better attachment to the floor to be effective.

BTW Dick was released from the hospital this morning and is home on the
couch with his pipe and his dog, Gus.

Brett Johnson