fot

RE: Hoosier Vintage TD, welded rear vs. Quaiffe

To: "'BOB KRAMER'" <rgk@flash.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hoosier Vintage TD, welded rear vs. Quaiffe
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:30:02 -0700
You might be a little disappointed with a Quaife. You still get some tire
spin in tight turns, but some torque is still applied to the non-spinning
wheel. You might consider one of the new clutch diffs. I don't remember
the name, but it's something like transx, or TRX, whatever, I'm sure
someone will know. I've spoken with a few people who are using them and
they are very satisfied--about the same money as a Quaife ($800-900).

Or just keep using a welded box. Should work fine with Hoosiers, though
I'd expect tire wear might be a bit accelerated with the bias ply.