fot

TR6 Flywheel

To: lytspeed@wcnet.org, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Flywheel
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:38:02 EDT
There are a myriad of combinations, depending on from where you start from.

You are starting from early TR4 to later transmission...here is my list, if I
dont forget something:

If you cant find later flywheel, like a TR4A or TR6, drill the old one...I
did. Iowa machine shop price about $35. I know of no reason why TR6 flywheel
will not work....???

Tr250 Transmission will fit....if you have earlier transmission there would
be some changes you need to make on that to conver to diaphragm type clutch.

Sometimes there is a difference in the length of the slave cylinder push rod,
but I forget what dictates that change.

Unless it is the earlier (shrouded) starter for TR3A, the starter motor
should work. For racing, my preference now is the reduction starter.

There LUK clutch kits here locally if you need cover/clutch/TO brg/locating
tool. I have 800 number. Price is right and there are two on the shelf. A
friend is stocking them for Jack & I.