fot

Best weekend yet! (Hallett)

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best weekend yet! (Hallett)
From: "racespit@netzero.net" <racespit@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:23:48 -0500
Hi all!

Just a note about Hallett -- YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!  The weather was
awesome, problems were few, the track was much improved, and 5 Triumphs
attended and had a ball!

The highlight of the weekend was the Drews' battle for first place in Group 2
with a Mini driven by a man must have sold his soul to the devil.  Out of four
races, New Blue (now renamed The Blue Streak by me) managed to take two first
place finishes, and was it one or two second places?  Tony and Jack swapped
driving from morning to afternoon, and they are both excellent drivers.  The
Mini was incredible to watch -- he actually got up on ONE wheel in Turn 10
going into the front straight -- Brad said he bounced around from wheel to
wheel like a ping pong ball.  He blew by me like I was kicked back in my
recliner each time he went by me, and I have great video of him bobbling around
the back as he passed me and managing to keep it in line.  That guy can DRIVE.

Speaking of driving, the Drews make quite a team!  They qualified/finished
first or second each time, and it was a joy to watch them go around the course.
 New Blue is absolutely stunning.

Bob had a couple problems Sunday but was able to sort them out and only missed
one race.  The 4 ran strong and it's fun to see his little smiley headlight pop
up behind me.  He also drove very well and was pretty close to the top in his
class  He waves when he goes by...  :)

Jeff seemed to do well in the yellow 3, but as he was paddocked at the other
end of the track and ran in a different group, we didn't see too much of him.
The car was beautiful to watch and he seemed to have been having a good battle
in Group 4.  He was having a problem with the clutch, I believe, but we
couldn't tell from what we saw of him on the track.

Dan D. came down from Colorado (as did a bunch of folks from RMVR) with his
yellow GT6, and apart from finding out that his car doesn't make a great 4x4,
had a great time and went fast!  6 cylinders makes a big difference...  He has
a very nicely prepared car and drives it well.

And, finally, Tristan and I had an EXCELLENT weekend!  We ran several sessions
during the test and tune Friday, and started and finished all five sessions on
the weekend (one practice and four races).  He ran strong and handled great!  I
had a fun time dicing it out with a beautiful bug-eye -- he and I were pretty
evenly matched and had a good time trying to get/stay ahead of each other.  I
got real comfortable with the track and had a ball!  I am not sure where I
ended up in my class, but will find out when they post final results in the
next week or so.  I was worn out at the end of the weekend!

I hope everyone's weekend was as great as mine (and I wish Henry's was as good
-- sorry to hear of your misfortune Henry!!!).

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

#42 Spitfire Tristan

http://mail2web.com/ .