fot

Re: Weber Carbs

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:26:06 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Regarding books on Webers, the "bible" is probably:

Weber Carburetors by John Passini. It was available from Racer Parts
Wholesale a few years ago, I see that Amazon lists the book as "out of
print". Note: this book is nerely impossible to read cover to cover, but
in retrospect all the good stuff is in there with chapters like "Emulsion
Tubes" and "Idle Jets". The illustrations are all basically from the Weber
parts books - so they are accurate. The tables in the back seem a bit
"dated", meaning there were references to carbs that Weber hasn't sold in
a long time - but the book is fairly vintage, so that's expected.

There are many references to "suck it and see" as was mentioned on this
list earlier this week.

I have two other books that I like, one is from the HP Books series by Pat
Braden. I've seen it recently in a Barnes and Noble - no idea if it's
still in print. The other was Titled "How to Rebuild Weber and Dellorto
Carbs" or something similar. This book was good because there were lots of
pictures. The Braden book has lots of tables in the appendix section.
There is much useful information there.

Have fun!
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |