fot

Re: Engine Bearings Question

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Engine Bearings Question
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:18:32 EST
90$ a set is what I have to pay for Clevite 77 bearings for the GT6 every
time.  When I tried to save a few dollars buying a major suppliers bearing
set it cost me more!
Steve Smith
PS, I have two sets of the "Vandervell's" left if anybody wants to gamble.

<<
 Hi,

 I know that Greg's mention of the bearings is for TRactor motors, but I've
 also noted in the APT catalog listings for VP-2 bearings for 6 cylinder
 Triumphs... and yes they list for $90 a set (rods or mains). I have to say
 that at $90 a set, it's still cheaper than a new rod or a crank... in
 other words money well spent. I have no idea what APT's stock is, but I
 presume probably "thin" owing to folks hoarding.

 Vroom.
 rml >>