fot

Re: pickpockets, no LBC

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: pickpockets, no LBC
From: Bob Bownes <bownes@web9.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:50:08 -0800
Watching them work in the Rome subway was pretty amazing. I watched them
go for the Designated Traveling Companion's (DTC) fannypack (which had
nothing in it but tissues with this in mind). Thought I had all of them.
There were 2 kids causing a diversion (tussle), two women, with sweaters
over their arms (the picks). I missed the old guy who was next to me, up
against the wall, supervising the whole thing, who tipped them that I
was onto them, as I was tipping the DTC off.

They had managed to get her fannypack open even though it was safety
pinned shut.

I want to go back with a fannypack full of stinging nettles...:-}

iii